importing from Mac Dive 2

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Marty_C

importing from Mac Dive 2

Post by Marty_C » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

I am going to move to Dive Log DT from MacDive 2. I have almost 300 dives and will be importing to have everything in one place.
I tried doing a test import and I see that it imports most of the info including tanks, locations, etc. It doesn't seem to import equipment, water, entry,current and a couple of other fields. Is that correct?
Thanks-

support

Re: importing from Mac Dive 2

Post by support » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Marty,

That sounds correct - not *all* fields are imported.

Do you own Dive Log for iOS though? If so, you can sync your MacDive database to Dive Log, and then sync Dive Log to DiveLogDT. (Use "Copy From Device" when doing this and you can just create a new logbook completely based on your MacDive log). You'll get more information this way.

If you don't own DiveLog for iOS, if you want you can send us your MacDive database and we'll do it for you and send you a DiveLogDT sql file you can start with, or use to import from into another logbook file you've already started. Just contact us via email.

Thanks,
Janice

P.S. Somehow your post got duplicated; I'm going to just delete the duplicate so as not to confuse future visitors

Marty_C

Re: importing from Mac Dive 2

Post by Marty_C » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks- that seems to work better although with that method it doesn't translate the viz to bad-average-good but that is ok.