How to disable Bluetooth prompt ?

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
aomahony

How to disable Bluetooth prompt ?

Post by aomahony » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi,

I've downloaded the DCBuddy Support add-in, which I'm actually not currently using. But there is a prompt reminding me to enable bluetooth every time I'm opening the app.
Is it possible to disable this prompt, or to remove the DCBuddy add-in ?

Thanks,
Ashley

support

Re: How to disable Bluetooth prompt ?

Post by support » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:22 am

Hi Ashley,

Unfortunately, the only way to disable that prompt currently is by enabling Bluetooth on your device. The prompt is posted by iOS when Dive Log checks to see if it is possible the DCbuddy support. It is a hard message to avoid because of the low level within iOS that it is generated, but I will redouble my efforts to find an alternative method to avoid it for people who want to leave Bluetooth turned off on their devices in a future version of Dive Log.

If you generally want to be in Airplane mode but want to avoid this message it is possible to enable just Bluetooth on your device (and leave Wi-Fi and Cellular off). The Bluetooth system uses very little power when it is on but not used so that shouldn't be big concern. Of course, there are other reasons to have Bluetooth off so I do understand your desire to have an alternative way to avoid this message.

Also, this prompt is not caused by having the DCbuddy in-app purchase enabled so removing it will not change the situation.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Greg

support

Re: How to disable Bluetooth prompt ?

Post by support » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi Ashley,

I have an update the question you asked about always being prompted to turn on Bluetooth when launching Dive Log even if you are not planning to use the DCbuddy function.

We have found a way to limit the number of times you'll see this prompt. We have a new release (2.1.1) that is currently awaiting approval from Apple that implements this change. Once the new version becomes available you will likely see the prompt at least one more time when you launch the new version (if Bluetooth is off otherwise you'll not see it at all) but after that you should not be prompted again (unless you visit the Downloads tab or switch to a different device).

I hope this change helps make Dive Log a bit more convenient for you.

Cheers,

Greg