Feature Req: Graph of air consumption

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Olli K

Feature Req: Graph of air consumption

Post by Olli K » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi !

Would it be possible to have some sort of graph on air consumption (as the air use is already calculated it would be nice to follow progress) ? Perhaps under statistics?

I Would also attach to the dive location my own hand-drawn (shaky and ugly) maps, i.e. there are markings of interesting local locations and items, directions etc. Additional tab accepting .jpg on the location tab photo/map would do the trick

Otherwise a very good family of applications !

support

Re: Feature Req: Graph of air consumption

Post by support » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:32 am

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. We have recently had a few requests for some additional statistics and graphing options around air consumption and have that on our future feature list. We do our best to address feature requests as quickly as we can and use input from users to help prioritize our (limited) development resources.

I would recommend that you use the ability of Dive Log to add a photo to a Dive Site, City or Country either directly from the iPhone/iPad camera or from the photo library to achieve your goal of attaching a hand drawn map. You can tap on the Dive Site in question under the Location tab and then tap "Edit" and scroll down to the Photo item and tap on that. You will be given the option of adding a photo from the camera (if your device has a camera) or from the Photo Library. You can draw the map on a piece of paper and then take a photo of the map (much better than trying to draw it with your finger). If you have the photo available as a .jpg you can save it to your camera roll first (for example press and hold on it in a mail message or sync it to your photo library from your PC or Mac using iTunes) and then load the photo into Dive Log. If you are using a drawing application on your iPhone or iPad to draw the map you can "save" the drawing to the photo library if the app supports that or just take a screenshot of the app while it is displaying the drawing (press the Sleep/Wake button at the same time as the "Home" button and the screenshot will be saved to your photo library). One thing that I often do is take a photo of the dive site map that the dive master often draws during the dive briefing and attach that to the Dive Site using this facility.

I hope that helps, if you have any difficulties, please feel free to contact us at our support alias (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) and we'll be happy to provide further instructions.

Cheers,

Greg