Does Dive Log support display of sampled pressure data?

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
fearsome

Does Dive Log support display of sampled pressure data?

Post by fearsome » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:22 pm

I am synching data from MacDive to Dive Log on an iPad. The dive data include sampled pressure data and SAC rate throughout the dive. This data is displayed by MacDive. After synching I don't find a way to view this data within Dive Log.

Is Dive Log capable of storing and displayed sampled pressure and SAC rate data? The screenshots in iTunes don't show such data and the FAQ is silent on this topic. I attempted searching the forums but it seems "pressure" is to common a word to search on.

If Dive Log is capable of storing and displaying such data, is it failing to sync it from MacDive?

fearsome

Re: Does Dive Log support display of sampled pressure data?

Post by fearsome » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:56 am

Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

support

Post by support » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in the response to your question.

Dive Log does not display tank pressure data on it's profile display (it does store the pressure samples in the database and we do plan to add the ability to display the samples in a future update). SAC rate is calculated for your dive as long as you have all the required information available for the dive. You need to have a profile (so Dive Log can calculate the average depth) or manually enter an average depth (you enter this with your tank data), the size of your tank, your working pressure (if you are using US measured tanks ... i.e. Cu Ft) and a start and end pressure for your tank. Typically, for MacDive to sync a tank over to Dive Log you need to set up a tank and associate it with your dive in MacDive and then MacDive will create a tank in the database it generates for Dive Log and sync it over.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to follow up in email (to our "support" at "moremobilesoftware" dot "com" address) if you have additional questions. as that will be a faster way to get an answer for the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Greg

sebdotv

Post by sebdotv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:14 am

I too would be interested in viewing pressure profile, or more precisely in my case, SAC rate profile (combined with depth profile on the same graph or near to it).
This would be especially useful in the mobile use case, i.e. when synchronizing dives with DCBuddy (for analyzing SAC rate evolution when away from desk).

support

Post by support » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:59 am

Great, thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do to get these features added sooner than later. We always appreciate hearing about what is important to users as our resources are limited and it is nice to have some knowledge that what we are working on is of value to our users.

Cheers,

Greg