iCloud and Dive Log Manager (Mac)

iCloud and Dive Log Manager (Mac)

Postby gajahduduk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:58 am

Am I missing something? Does Dive Log Manager for Mac sync with iCloud? how? I'm on Yosemite and see no such option.
gajahduduk

Re: iCloud and Dive Log Manager (Mac)

Postby support » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:38 am

No, right now the only option to sync between Dive Log Manager on the Mac and Dive Log on iOS is by using the Wi-Fi Synchronization capabilities of the two applications. We are working towards allowing syncing via iCloud as well, but have been hindered by App Store restrictions rather than technical issues. You can sync between iOS devices using Dive Log via iCloud and then any of those devices can sync with Dive Log Manager on the Mac via the Wi-Fi Synchronization feature.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby gajahduduk » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious though, what sort of App Store restrictions are a problem? You apps are already on both the Mac and iOS platforms, I thought such sync was basically a feature of iCloud? What's the silly restriction?
gajahduduk

Postby support » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Dive Log for iOS is under 1 Apple ID and Dive Log Manager/DT is under a different Apple ID. Up until iCloud Drive and iOS 8, applications from different Apple ID's were not allowed to touch each others data. For security reasons. Eg: you wouldn't want some 3rd party application to be able to read/write your Apple documents for example or a different 3rd party's application data. So that part makes sense. But there is no "over ride" for when you *do* want this.

We're hoping that the new (completely re-written) iCloud Drive that replaces the old iCloud support will allow "inter application" communication and it appears that this is the case. But we just haven't gotten into the nitty gritty details yet and so are just hedging our bets.

Janice
support

Return to Dive Log