Workaround for Suunto D4i will not download using DCbuddy

Workaround for Suunto D4i will not download using DCbuddy

Postby support » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:18 am

We have just discovered a bug in the DCbuddy support in Dive Log when using the Suunto D4i setting that makes it so that it will not download. Fortunately, there is an easy workaround for this until we can get a corrected version of Dive Log published. You should be able to download your D4i by choosing the "D6i" as the model.

Picking the D6i will not have any negative effect on your downloaded data as Dive Log will read the model from the D4i once it is able to connect (the D6i setting will configure the DCbuddy appropriately for both the D4i and the D6i) and will proceed processing your D4i data appropriately.

We are very sorry about any difficulties this might have caused you. Please let us know if you are still having difficulties once you use the D6i setting (email to our support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com email address is the best option or choose to send a Troubleshooting report from within Dive Log's Downloads area).

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: Workaround for Suunto D4i will not download using DCbudd

Postby support » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:43 am

The latest version of Dive Log (2.1) addresses the issue with downloading the D4i by using the "D4i" selection in the "Model" list for the DCbuddy download. You can now start using the D4i option if you like. This does not materially affect the download however and continuing to use the D6i setting is also fine.

Thanks again for everyone's patience with us and this issue.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log