Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
SgtErnestBilko

Re: Suunto EON Steel

Post by SgtErnestBilko » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:06 am

Any news Janice ?

support

Post by support » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Unfortunately not :evil: I've also been looking for a used EON Steel to purchase but there aren't many and I missed out on one by being too late. We could buy a new one and then re-sell it when done. It's not ideal financially so I'm dragging my feet but it's not out of the question yet. It appears that this is one of those dive computers that is more popular in the rest of the world and less popular in North America. So I haven't found anyone "locally" that is willing to lend us theirs. Lots internationally but nothing closer. And unfortunately it's just not something we can do remotely. Testing? yes. Development? no. I've also approached Suunto directly in the past and that didn't go well either. I've found that some dive computers popularity is "regional" and this may be one of them.

Sooooooooooooooo, anyone out there in North America want to lend us their Eon Steel? :)

Janice

orrious

Post by orrious » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi Janice,

I just purchased an EON Steel and would be happy to give you remote access to a Mac, Linux, Win (whatever) laptop with it connected for as long as you need. Please let me know if you're interested.

Kind Regards

support

Post by support » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:48 am

Hey Hey Hey Everybody!!

Thanks to a generous customer, the latest release of Dive Log Manager (2.4.24) and DiveLogDT (4.4.24) now support downloading the Suunto EON Steel.

Please let us know if you have any feedback or issues with this dive computer. Great to finally be able to support it.

Thanks!
Janice

rsghowellnj

Post by rsghowellnj » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:42 pm

I just purchased a SUUNTO EON Steel. Will it sync with my dive log manager?

support

Post by support » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 pm

I just purchased a SUUNTO EON Steel. Will it sync with my dive log manager?
If you mean the "free" version of our Desktop software from the Mac App Store (DiveLogManager), then no it does not support downloading any dive computers. You need the paid version, DiveLogDT, to be able to download any dive computers.

If you mean the version of "Dive Log Manager" from our website, then if you have also purchased a license for it (and are NOT just using it in the free mode), then yes it supports downloading dive computers directly including the Suunto EON Steel.

Let us know if that didn't answer your question though.
Janice

rsghowellnj

Post by rsghowellnj » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:22 am

I have both Dive Log from the Apple Store and I also purchased the DiveLogDT from your website. That being said, can I use my cable from my SUUNTO EON Steel with my MAC to download my logs into DiveLogDT as I have been doing all along with my SUNNTO Viper Air and SUUNTO Cobra 3?

support

Post by support » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 am

Yes, the EON Steel Cable is supported directly by Dive Log DT. You should be able to plug it in and Dive Log DT should recognize it and allow you to download the dive computer. Just like with your older cable, there is no need to install any drivers.

Note that Dive Log DT is sold through the Mac App Store and not our website. If you are using Dive Log Manager from our website then you would have needed to purchase a license from within the app. That said, given that you have been downloading your other computer's previously you must have either purchased the license or be using Dive Log DT so you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Greg

rsghowellnj

Post by rsghowellnj » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 am

Thank you for confirming Greg!!! I'm psyched that I will be able to use my Suunto EON Steel with Dive Log DT as I have been using my Viper Air and Cobra 3 in the past. :)

gencom

Post by gencom » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:25 am

Is there a PC version of Dive Log DT to sync my Suunto EON Steel with my desktop then, through iCloud to my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad)?