Suunto EON Steel

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Sloboda

Suunto EON Steel

Post by Sloboda » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:25 am

Hello,
I have a Suunto D4I and work with DiveLog and DiveLog DT but I'm interesting to buy a Suunto EON Steel. I know it's very recent... Are you going to adapt DL and DL DT for it ?

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Guillaume.

support

Re: Suunto EON Steel

Post by support » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:54 pm

It *is* very recent. But fortunately someone else has done a lot of work to make it downloadable via the open source library that we use - libdivecomputer. So we will eventually be incorporating support for it into Dive Log Manager/DiveLogDT for MacOS. But we will need someone to volunteer to test it for us. And the sooner we have a volunteer with an Eon Steel in their hands, the sooner we would add support for it! :D

Contact us via email if you end up purchasing one and we can work out the timing details.

Thanks!
Janice

Sloboda

Post by Sloboda » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:59 am

Hello and thank you for answer.
When I ask you the question, I had don't see the EON Steel will be order at spring...
I'm very confuse... :?
If I buy it at spring, I'll be OK to test it for you. No problem. Because if it's not compatible with DiveLog, I will not buy this model.
I prefer buy a computer compatible with DiveLog because I don't like other softwares.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

SgtErnestBilko

Post by SgtErnestBilko » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:07 am

I have just bought an Eon Steel. Happy to help.

Ian

support

Post by support » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:20 pm

I have just bought an Eon Steel. Happy to help.
Well, it turns out that Suunto designed the EON Steel to desktop computer connection SIGNIFICANTLY differently from all the other Suunto's. I'm not saying it's not an improvement, just saying that it's not a serial device anymore.

I have tried doing some remote work with someone else who had one, and it's not going to go any further. It of course works fine on Windows and Linux machines, but the Mac? Well the Mac has always been "special" and so it doesn't work yet on a Mac (except for with Suunto DM5). I'm going to need to have one in my own little hands, or wait until someone else does the Mac version for libdivecomputer (the open source library that most of us 3rd party logbook folks use).

If you are in the USA and would be willing to mail me your unit *on loan*, I could get it working for everyone reasonably quickly. If you're outside of the USA, then we run into international borders and possible problems with insurance and having it replaced in a worse case scenario. Although certainly doable, it just becomes that much more difficult and so we don't bother "testing the waters" so to speak as it's just not worth the risk to the owner.

In the mean time, you can download it using Suunto DM5 and then import from that into your Dive Log/DiveLogDT/DiveLogManager logbook.

Let us know if you have any questions,
Janice

SgtErnestBilko

Post by SgtErnestBilko » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:25 am

Thanks Janice

I'm in UK I'm afraid

I have done some objective-c programming, is there anything I can do remotely to help ?

Ian

support

Post by support » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 am

Thank you! But no, not just yet. I'm still waiting to hear something from some other folks that are looking into it on the Mac and then I'll figure out what direction to go in from there.

Janice

SgtErnestBilko

Post by SgtErnestBilko » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:50 am

OK
Best of luck

support

Post by support » Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 am

As posted here, http://forums.moremobilesoftware.com/vi ... ?f=8&t=886, it turns out we're back to looking to borrow a unit for our development. If anyone is able/willing to mail their unit to us while they're not using it, please contact us via email.
Tanks!
Janice

SgtErnestBilko

Post by SgtErnestBilko » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:27 pm

I am still Happy to help remotely, Janice

Ian