Can't not open Dive in divlog after Update to IO8

Can't not open Dive in divlog after Update to IO8

Postby absalon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi

I can't not open divs on my iPad or on my iphone after Update to IO8... Will der be an Update of the Dive Log?

Best regards
Henrik Absalon
absalon

Re: Can't not open Dive in divlog after Update to IO8

Postby support » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi,

You should be able to work with the current version of Dive Log on your iPad after upgrading to iOS 8. There is one known issue where adding a new dive may initially display it incorrectly (it may show "(null)" in the dive number location) however if you go back to the main dive list and reselect the dive you should be able to view and edit it as usual.

I'd suggest that you you try restarting your iPad (press and hold the "Sleep/Wake" button at the top of the device until the "slide to power off" control appears, slide that and then once the iPad completely shuts down, press the "Sleep/Wake" button again to start the iPad back up). This should allow you to use Dive Log again. If you are continuing to have difficulties, please contact us via our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) so we can work through the issue.

We are working hard on getting an update to Dive Log that is designed or iOS 8 out and hope to have it available very soon (depending on the Apple App approval process).

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby support » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Henrik,

Based on some comments from other users that have had difficulties opening dives after upgrading to iOS 8 I have a different idea about what you might be seeing. I wondering if you can check the Settings App under:

Privacy->Contacts

and make sure that Dive Log is present in that Dive Log is present in that list. If it is not, let me know. If it is, try changing the switch and see if Dive Log behaves differently. We have noticed that for some users that the upgrade to iOS 8 removes some apps from the Privacy->Contacts list (including Dive Log). This should not happen, but I think that when it does, Dive Log can no longer determine it's access to Contacts and this is causing the problem opening dives.

Let me know the situation under Privacy->Contacts and depending on the situation I may be able to send you some steps to take to get things working again.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby support » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 am

Based on the experience of one user, it appears that if you are experiencing an issue viewing dives in Dive Log 1.8.4 on iOS 8 that turning off access to Contacts in the Settings App under:

Privacy->Contacts

for "Dive Log" will allow you to view dives again. You will no longer have the ability to add Buddies from your Contacts (you can still add them manually) or view "linked" Buddies but you should be able to otherwise use Dive Log.

A new version of Dive Log is in process and will hopefully address this issue (however, we have not been able to duplicate the issue in any of our testing) once it is approved for release by Apple.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log