Problem to sync iPad and Mac

Problem to sync iPad and Mac

Postby Sloboda » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 am

Hello and sorry for my bad english 'cause I am french. So, I have big difficulties to apply a two-way sync within DiveLog on iPad and DiveLog DT on my Mac. The changes made in iPad can go to the Mac, but the changes made in the DiveLogDT don't return to my iPad. They are going just when I select "Use a new log book in DiveLog".

Please note I have apply this process you have wrote on this forum page 2: "
Assuming that the Logbook on your Mac (in Dive Log Manager/Dive Log DT) has your current Logbook data and you want to start using Dive Log on iPad:

1) Enable Sync on the iPad and choose the "Copy Logbook TO Device" option in Dive Log Manager/Dive Log DT
2) Tap the "Use new Logbook" button on your iPad to load the logbook you just synced from the Mac
3) From this point forward you can use the "Two-way Sync" option

"

Thank you for your help. Best regards.
Sloboda

Re: Problem to sync iPad and Mac

Postby support » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 am

Hi,

I'm sorry about the difficulties that you are experiencing. I'll certainly be happy to try to help.

I believe that the symptom that you describe are due to an issue that started happening in a small number of cases when iOS7 was released. In some cases, after you load a new logbook (by tapping the "Use new Logbook" button) the logbook does actually reload but the display is not refreshed. You should see your newly added or edited dives if you switch your view on the iPad to a different screen (four example if you are currently look at "Dives" try switching to look at "Locations->Countries") and then switching back to your original view. This should cause the display to be refreshed. If that does not work, you can try completely quitting the app (press the physical "Home" button and then double press the "Home" button and finally, swipe up on the "Dive Log" card) and then restarting it.

If you are still having difficulties, please contact us directly at our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) so that we can discuss additional things that we can try.

This issue is very hard to reproduce and tends to only happen under certain circumstances. We are working on a solution and hope to have it resolved in our next update to Dive Log. In the meantime, the workaround of switching the screen that you are viewing after a sync *should* work until then.

Please let us know how you make out.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: Problem to sync iPad and Mac

Postby Sloboda » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:58 am

Thank you very much to Greg for help me on support line.

Now I have not any problem.
Sloboda

Return to Dive Log