DiveNav BlueBuddy support planned for iOS or OSX ??

DiveNav BlueBuddy support planned for iOS or OSX ??

Postby msevestre » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi

is the Bluebuddy support planned for either Dive Log iPhone/iOS or OSX version ?

I bought this device (with a DCBuddy for my Zoop) to keep another log of my dives with a faster record rate (2s rate max with bluebuddy, 30s rate with my Zoop) & temperature recording capability (no temperature record in-dive).

Thanks
Matthieu
msevestre

Re: DiveNav BlueBuddy support planned for iOS or OSX ??

Postby support » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:56 am

Hi Matthieu,

Thank you for your interest in using Bluebuddy with Dive Log on iOS and Dive Log DT/Dive Log Manager on Mac OS.

We do not have any definitive plans to support the Bluebuddy at this time, but it is certainly something that we'd like to do. We are working on support for the DCbuddy right now based on a license that we have from DiveNav (the makers of both the DCbuddy and Bluebuddy). When we last inquired about adding support for the Bluebuddy in Dive Log, DiveNav's plan was to allow third party applications to access the data once it was downloaded by their own app (DivePAL). At the time, the required support was not available in DivePAL and we have not followed up since to see if the required support has since been added (to be honest, we've been focusing on DCbuddy support). Obviously I need to follow up and see what the options are for Bluebuddy support at this point in time.

I will post back once we get a chance to follow up on the current state of affairs where Bluebuddy is concerned. I wouldn't expect to add any support for Bluebuddy until after our DCbuddy support is available.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: DiveNav BlueBuddy support planned for iOS or OSX ??

Postby msevestre » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

Hi

That's perfectly clear.

However, as the divepal OS X version remains delayed without release date (I asked them yesterday), they might avoid losing Mac customers of bluebuddy by allowing third parties to have a direct access to BB data...

Otherwise they will hear about my and my useless 150usd I spent this weekend.

Matt

Matt

As
msevestre

Return to Dive Log