Uwatec Air Z connection

Uwatec Air Z connection

Postby Richatom » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 am

Hello board,

Is it possible to download data from a Uwatec Air Z to DiveLog DT?

I have the memo mouse connector, plus a serial-USB adapter, and I can download with this setup to my Mac running DiveLog 5 on Parallels, however, I really want to switch to DiveLog DT.

I can't see any confirmation that non-IR Uwatec computers work with DT.
Richatom

Re: Uwatec Air Z connection

Postby support » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 am

Hi,

No, currently Dive Log DT does not support the Memo Mouse. This is primarily due to the requirement that Apps sold on the Mac App Store not require 3rd part drivers be installed to support specific features. Since the Memo Mouse is a DB9 based serial device it requires a 3rd part serial-USB adaptor to work on the Mac and this in turn requires a specific driver be installed for that device (note that in case of Parallels you either installed a specific driver in Windows or Windows came with that driver support embedded and that is how Diving Log 5.0 can access the device. That drivers is not accessible from the Mac side as it is a Windows driver). Currently, Dive Log DT works by having support for the "official" cables from the various dive computer manufactures embedded right in the app (so you don't need to install a driver). This is convenient for the end users, but does require Dive Log DT to include code that is specific to each cable it supports. It is difficult to add this support for every possible serial-USB device on the market, specially since they tend to not last on the market very long.

We will revisit the possibility of supporting the Memo Mouse with a specific serial-USB adaptor, but can not make any promises. We'll post back if this ever does become a possibility.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Richatom » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks for implementing this in a beta!

Just to confirm, I have got this to work. I am downloading from Memomouse via a serial-USB converter directly to DiveLog DT.

It is not perfect - I usually have to run the download procedure several times before it completes without crashing. But am grateful to at last have Mac software that can download from memo mouse!
Richatom

Postby Richatom » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:48 pm

CORRECTION - it is not DiveLog DT that crashes, just the download process. DiveLog DT stays alive - I just have to restart the download a few times until it has a clean download.
Richatom

Postby Richatom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Some good news - having tried several drivers I at last found one that works. The download now works reliably.
Richatom

Return to Dive Log