multiple cilinders

multiple cilinders

Postby intisuarez » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:40 am

I am starting with dive log on aa Ipad, and so far, I really like it. I am synchronizing my dives from MacDive.

What I miss is that MacDive supports several cylinders data, as Dive Log... but the info on multiple cylinders entered in MacDive does not port to Dive Log. Is there a way to solve that that I am missing?
intisuarez

Re: multiple cilinders

Postby support » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi,

Sorry about the slow response. Unfortunately our forums recently were "spammed" and your message was missed in the mix.

The way that MacDive to Dive Log syncing works is that MacDive downloads a full logbook from Dive Log, integrates any changes you choose into the MacDive logbook on your Mac and then generates a completely new logbook for Dive Log based on the data (now) in MacDive's logbook. The result is a logbook on your iPhone/iPad that contains any data that can be represented in MacDive (for example Dive Log support Repetitive Dive Groups and MacDive does not so those are not maintained during a sync) and that MacDive is capable of saving to a Dive Log compatible database. Last time that I checked, MacDive did not write it's multiple tank information to Dive Log and did not interpret Dive Log's multiple tank information. It is possible that this support has since been added to MacDive but I am not aware of it. Since Dive Log simply vends an full copy of it's database to MacDive and receives a full database back from MacDive we have no control over the detail of the synchronization process.

You might contact the developer of MacDive (www.mac-dive.com) to see if he has added support for multiple tanks during the synchronization process as he would be in a much better position to describe the details of how to do it to you. I'm sorry that I can't be of any more help. I tried some tests to see if I could find any steps to share with you but I was not successful either.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log