Please allow more Photos!

Please allow more Photos!

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:31 pm

This app shows that a logbook can be so much more than just a collection of dive data.
Photos make it interesting and fun to read.
Please let us add more than just one photo per dive place.

Also adding photos of the crew and dive center/boat would be great.

While you try to keep the database small, you reduce the photo resolution if you shoot photos from within the app.
This is fine but please save the original photo as well in the photo album in full res.

Thanks!
Martin

Re: Please allow more Photos!

Postby KMil » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 am

I completely agree with this post. From my standpoint I'd actually like to be able to attach the photos to the specific dive rather than just the dive site. Perhaps it could just store a thumbnail and then reference the full size in the photo gallery on the device?

This would be a great feature to bring it to the next level.
KMil

Postby support » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 am

This is certainly an area that we are working to expand the capabilities of Dive Log.

We really appreciate the feedback as it helps us prioritize our development resources. Photos do indeed make the logbook more fun to use and, as was pointed out, present some resource challenges. We want to add the capabilities in a way that enhances the experience without impacting it's usability.

Thanks for your thoughts. Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby mk2001 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:42 am

HI,

Please create an Update to support small pictures. I want to take a photo from the dive master stamps or of the grate things we found at dive.

Please make an Update to this post, too.

Thanks,
Marcus K.

--
Just an Edit: i bought all your Apps DiveLogDT - Mac, iPad-App... to support your work, just now! :D
mk2001

Postby support » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:45 am

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your support and for telling us about your interest in the expanded support for photos. I will certainly update this post when I have more information about the availability of "per dive" photos in Dive Log. This feature is high on our priority list and we are working towards making it available.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby shlinder » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:54 pm

I just got this app and I would REALLY like to be able attach a photo to individual dives as I would like to attach a photo of the signed dive sheet as verification that the dive was "real". Then I can compile all my dives from my dive log.

This thread started a year and a half ago, any update on this?
shlinder

Postby support » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 am

Sorry, no update to share right now.

We know this is an important feature and one that we very much want to add. It is important to add it "right" and it is surprising hard to do well (it touches a large number of parts of Dive Log including synchronization and can involve large amounts of data that can have a big impact on the relatively low storage available on a phone). That said, we are working on it (along with a large number of other user requested features) and appreciate your collective patience.

Sorry that I don't have a more uplifting answer available right now.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log