More options for printing?

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
tplyons

More options for printing?

Post by tplyons » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi there,

Love Dive Log DT with my Mac, and works great with my Galileo Luna!

Anyway, I've been asked to provide printouts of my last 20 dives for a dive operator. However, the only way to do this is scroll through dive by dive and print them out on a full page.

Could we get more options for printing dives?

Examples:
* Option to print multiple dives at once (I printed them in individual .pdf's, used Adobe Acrobat to merge them into one for emailing)
* Option to print multiple dives per page
* Option to print a summary of dives (i.e. date, location, time in, time out, time to date, etc.)

Just a few thoughts. Thanks!

support

Re: More options for printing?

Post by support » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Hello tplyons,

You are not the first to ask to be able to print more than one dive at a time. We should be able to add that in the not too distant future when we can do multiple dive selection for other tasks other than printing.

As far as doing different formats though - we completely understand the need for this, however it's very difficult to figure out the right trade off between what data to show and space. It's pretty much a given that any decision we make will be not enough for some and too much for others. It would be great to figure out how to let users "design" their own printed page somehow so that they can include what they need and ignore what they don't use. But the thought of tackling that seems daunting!

But perhaps a half page and a summary of some sort would get us closer in the short term.

Thanks so much for letting us know what you need from Logbook software. It certainly helps us define our priorities for what new features to be working on based on what users are looking for!
Cheers,
Janice

tplyons

Post by tplyons » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Janice,

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I love the software and have recommended to many!

As far as I'm concerned, its the most comprehensive out there for Mac and seamless with the iPhone/iPads many of us carry.

Looking forward to future updates!

Thanks,
Tim

nomibucha100

Post by nomibucha100 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 am

this is very nice sharing thanks for helping all of us