Dive time indicator

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
CanadaDan

Dive time indicator

Post by CanadaDan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Maybe I’m missing something but I was trying to pinpoint the time into this dive where I discovered something (just before the steep descent about a third into the dive). Attached is a screenshot of the app... what on earth does 00:02:08 indicate? I was possibly around 28 minutes into the dive (total dive was 61 minutes) but I can’t figure out what 2:08 actually means because logically it would mean 2 hours 8 minutes but that isn’t possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QHOOQZ ... p=drivesdk

support

Re: Dive time indicator

Post by support » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi,

That time reference is 2 minutes and 8 seconds .... however, while that matches the total dive time shown on the profile of about less than 7 minutes there is still something strange gong on with that profile (specially if the dive was 61 minutes long).

It appears that there is an anomaly in the sample rate that was captured for the dive (the dive profile's time display is calculated from the number of samples and the sample rate records for the dive). There is not enough information in the screenshot to explain what is going on by itself.

Would it be possible to send me a copy of your logbook? You can do this by using the Synchronize tab's Export -> Export active logbook option and saving it to iCloud Drive. Then use the Files app on the iPhone to email the logbook to our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com). It would also be helpful to know how you got that dive into your logbook (downloaded directly from a dive computer within Dive Log or imported from another application).

Thanks,

Greg

CanadaDan

Re: Dive time indicator

Post by CanadaDan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Log book sent with upload and sync details.

Thanks Greg!