Ratio IX3M to Iphone

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Frogmen

Ratio IX3M to Iphone

Post by Frogmen » Thu May 28, 2020 7:38 am

Hello. It’s posible to download my dives to the iPhone dive log app?

Thanks
Javier

support

Re: Ratio IX3M to Iphone

Post by support » Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 am

Hi Javier,

No, unfortunately it is not currently possible to download the IX3M directly to Dive Log on iOS. Apple does not allow 3rd party application to communicate with arbitrary devices via "classic Bluetooth" which is all that is currently available on the IX3M. The dive computers that Dive Log can download directly all support Bluetooth LE (low energy) which Apple does allow 3rd party applications to use.

We do support the I3XM in our Mac application (DiveLogDT) and it is also supported by the compatible Diving Log 6.0 application for Windows. Both DiveLogDT and Diving Log 6.0 can synchronize with Dive Log on iOS and can download the IX3M in such a way that the data from the IX3M can be merged with any dive information that you manually entered on your iPhone. In this way you can travel with just your iPhone and IX3M and enter data (site, GPS location, buddies, environmental conditions, etc.) at the dive site and later combine that data with the dive data captured by your dive computer.

We were hoping that Ratio would add Bluetooth LE support to their dive computers, but to the best of my knowledge this has not happened. If/when it does we would try to add support to Dive Log.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

Cheers,

Greg

Frogmen

Post by Frogmen » Thu May 28, 2020 1:06 pm

I already have the Divelog license for IOS and MAC. The MAC I use to use it when I'm on travel and the iphone when Im at home. Now I have to pay a thirt license to been able to download my dives at home on my home windows 10 PC. Its a way to copy the license from DivelogDT to Diving Log 6?

Thks
Javier

support

Post by support » Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi Javier,

DiveLogDT can download your IX3M so you should be able to download your dive computer on your Mac using DiveLogDT. If you click on Ratio under DOWNLOAD in the sidebar of DiveLogDT you can select the IX3M from the list of models. Are you saying that you no longer have access to the Mac?

Diving Log 6.0 is made by a different developer and we do not have any business relationship with them (we just coordinate with them to ensure interoperability) so there is no way to "transfer" your DiveLogDT license to your Windows PC.

Cheers,

Greg