Change country and location for multiple dives

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
bergjet

Change country and location for multiple dives

Post by bergjet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:07 am

For example, if I load 10 dives from the dive computer, I want to enter the same country and location for all 10 dives. Can I do this during download or after download?

support

Re: Change country and location for multiple dives

Post by support » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 am

Hi,

Yes, you can do this while downloading the dive. There are a couple of ways to accomplish your goal. The first is to use an existing dive as a template that will be applied to all the dives you download and import. On the download scree for your dive computer *before* you import the dives you'll tap the "Template Dive" item and select a dive that has the characteristics that you want. Then when you import the dives the template dive will be applied to all the dives that you import. For example, you might download the first dive on a trip, edit its details then use that dive as the template for each subsequent download of one or more dives.

The other approach is to create all the dives before your download and then "merge" the dive computer data with those existing dives when you do the download. This approach is handy when you want to fill in certain details about a dive at the dive site before the dive (for example, the GPS location, a buddy signature, etc.) and then add the dive computer data later. To do this you would manually create the first dive of the series by tapping the "+" on the Dives tab (you can create an empty dive at this point and populate the details or you can use a previous dive as a template and update the details). Then for each subsequent dive you'll use the "+" button and use the previous dive as a template. Then when you are ready to download your dive computer you'll take these steps:

1) Download the dive computer and proceed to the Import screen
2) Select all the dives that you'd like to import from the dive computer that match the divs you enter at the dive site
3) Tap the "Start Dive #" butte the lower right hand corner
4) Select the first dive that matches the first dive you selected in step 2
5) Tap "Save" and then tap "Import"

Each dive you selected to download will be "merged" with the dive you created manually in turn (the need to line up one dived for one dive as there is no attempt to match any details, the merging just proceeds in order one dive after the other).

Both these approaches will result in all the imported dives having the same details other than what the dive computer contains that is different.

There is no "multiple edit" option in the iOS app. It is possible to edit multiple dives in our Mac app (and, I believe, in the compatible PC app Diving Log 6.0). You can synchronize your data between the desktop and the iPhone/iPad to get the results of the edits.

I hope that helps,

Greg

bergjet

Post by bergjet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:37 am

Thanks.
Suggestion: An input mask during import, which contains all common data. :)

support

Post by support » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 am

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll certainly take a look at something along those lines (by the way, we do have a Template tank and Default tank feature accessible from the Settings tab that does that for tanks).

Cheers,

Greg