Aqualung i550C support?

Aqualung i550C support?

Postby David208 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:17 am

I purchased the Pelagic Bluetooth Download option hoping it would work with my Aqualung i550C computer, since it supports the other Aqualung models with bluetooth. Unfortunately, I get an error as soon as I initiate download so either there is a problem with my setup, or it is not yet supported. Has anyone got bluetooth download to work with the i550C? Thank you
David208

Re: Aqualung i550C support?

Postby support » Sun May 26, 2019 10:08 am

Hi David,

No, the i550C is not yet supported by Dive Log. It is a very new dive computer and we have not yet had a chance to learn the details of its download protocol or logbook format. However, we have been having good success supporting these new Pelagic Bluetooth devices pretty quickly based on getting some diagnostics data from users. I suspect that it will be fairly straight forward to add support for the i550C as well.

What we need first is to get a diagnostics log from Dive Log's failed attempt to download the dive computer (this will allow us to determine its internal model number and react correctly to the device). If you can take these steps:

1) Visit the Troubleshooting screen on the Downloads tab of Dive Log
2) Turn on the switch next to "Diagnostics Report"
3) Attempt a download of your i550C again.
4) When it fails, tap the "Send Diagnostics" button on the popup (if you don't get that, just return to the troubleshooting screen and tap the "Email Download Diagnostics" item)

we can get a new version of Dive Log built for you that will allow us to get further in the download process and make any additional changes that we need to make. Part of this process will be to set you up with a Beta version of Dive Log that we can integrate on quickly.

Please feel free to reach out to our support email address directly if you have any additional questions (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) as that is a better mechanism for this type of interaction.

I look forward to working with you to get he support for the i550C added to Die Log.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby David208 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:19 pm

I just e-mailed the debug files. Thank you for your support!
David208

Postby support » Sun May 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks David!

I got the diagnostics report and will get working on a test version for you.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby support » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 pm

For anyone following this thread, I thought that I'd let you know that the latests version of Dive Log (3.2.4) that was released on June 12, 2019 includes support for the Aqualung i550C as part of the Pelagic Bluetooth Download in-app purchase. This update also includes support for the Oceanic Geo 4.0 and the Oceanic Pro Plus 4.

Many thanks to the various users that provides diagnostics reports to allow these devices to be added.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log