Oceanic VEO 1.0 computer

Oceanic VEO 1.0 computer

Postby hd.unbe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Since I am new to this sport i inherited a dive computer that while it is still good is a little old, I am a huge fan of the Dive Log app and have used it since I started diving and have had no issues. What I am hoping to do is see if I can transfer the data from my Oceanic VEO 1.0 to the app. I have seen the earliest version that I can use is VEO 2.0, is it possible that I am missing something or it does not transfer/ Mahalo nut loa from a new diver.
hd.unbe

Re: Oceanic VEO 1.0 computer

Postby support » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 am

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words about Dive Log. I'm glad that you find it useful.

Your VEO 1.0 should download fine using Dive Log and the DCbuddy Bluetooth accessory (sold directly by the manufacturer DiveNav at www.divenav.com). You would just pick the "VEO 2.0" model (with "Oceanic" as the manufacturer) and Dive Log will recognize the device is a VEO 1.0 and download it appropriately.

We only include dive computers that we have either personally verified or had a user verify as working in the supported list for Dive Log/DCbuddy so that no one tries it and has an issue without being in touch with us. The underlying download support for the VEO 1.0 is tested on our Mac product (and we use the same base code to parse the logbook entries) so there is no reason to think that it will not work with Dive Log. With that said, it would be great if you could turn on the switch next to "Diagnostics Report" under the "Troubleshooting" item (which will show up once you make an in-app purchase) and then return to this section after your first download and tap the "Email Download Diagnostics" item. This will send me a diagnostics report and I can verify that there are not any issues that I need to address for the VEO 1.0 specifically. Of course, if you have an issue this report will also help me get things working for you.

Please feel free to write back if you have any more questions or concerns (out direct support email address is: support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) and we'll be happy to address them.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log