Buying both apps

Buying both apps

Postby studio530diver » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:35 am

So I just purchased the Dive Log DT and downloaded all of my dives. I now want it to sync to my phone. Do I need to now buy the iphone app as well? Just a little confused and could use a little walk through...

Thank you in advance
studio530diver

Re: Buying both apps

Postby support » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Yes you would need to purchase both. DiveLogDT for macOS and Dive Log for iOS are 2 different applications, each for a different operating system. Apple has 2 different App Stores, one for macOS and one for iOS and so the applications can not be sold together.

Each application is also fully functional on their own, so you could have the iOS App and use it with another app running on Windows (Diving Log 6.0) and you could have DiveLogDT just on it's own or potentially with an Android App.

If you do purchase Dive Log for iOS, we suggest you first do WiFi sync'ing by putting both your Mac and your iOS device on the same WiFi network and then on the Mac select "Copy logbook to Device". That will ensure that both the Mac and your iOS device are starting out exactly the same.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions,
Janice
support

Postby studio530diver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Thank you so much. Now my problem is trying to identify the "port", how to find it and how to identify it?

My IP is 192.168.1.16
studio530diver

Postby support » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm

You shouldn't need to identify the port number as Dive Log and DiveLogDT/DiveLogManager should be able to automatically associate with one another using the Bonjour protocol. As long as your iPhone/iPad and your Mac are connected to the same network and neither of them is connected to the "guest" network side of your router you should see the name of your iPhone/iPad appear under the SYNCHRONIZE item in the sidebar of DiveLogDT/DiveLogManager when you tap the "Enable Sync" button in the Wi-Fi Synchronization item on the Synchronize tab in Dive Log on iPhone/iPad (given that you are asking about the port number I'm guessing that you are clicking on the "Manual" option in the SYNCHRONIZE section of DiveLogDT/DiveLogManager).

If you do not see the "Enable Sync" button in the Wi-Fi synchronization section of Dive Log on iPhone/iPad then your iPhone/iPad is not connected to Wi-Fi (you can not sync over a cellular connection). If you Enable Sync on your iPhone/iPad and don't see the name of your iPhone/iPad appear in the sidebar of DiveLogDT/DiveLogManager then you'll want to double check that both your iOS device and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network and are not connected to the "guest" network side of your router. If everything is set up correctly, then you might try unplugging your router from the wall for about 30 seconds and plugging to back in (routers can get confused from time to time and have bad information in their "routing tables", unplugging the router causes them to rebuild those tables). Note that if you are using a coffee shop or hotel Wi-Fi they may block any two devices on the same network from talking directly to each other. They do this to protect the users of their network from local evil doers (this feature of coffee shop Wi-Fi networks is similar to the "guest network" mode of your home network).

If none of this is working for you, you can use the Manual connection method. To get the Port number you would take these steps on your iPhone/iPad:

1) On the Wi-Fi Synchronization screen tap the "Enable Sync" button
2) Tap the little "i" in the lower right hand corner
3) Read the IP Address and Port Number from the Diagnostics text area

you can then enter those values in the Manual section on your Mac. Note that the IP Address should be the same as your Mac's except after the last '.' (for example it will be something like 192.168.1.23 if you're Mac is 192.168.1.16). Also note that the Port number will change each time you tap Enable Sync.

Hopefully that gets you going. If not, please reach out via email at our support alias (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) and we can look at some more specific issues that might be affecting your ability to establish a Wi-Fi connection.

Cheers,
Greg
support

Return to Dive Log