Marine life function

Marine life function

Postby highpaule » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:22 am

Hello, little problem. I have created some living beings under Marine life. However, when I click on the tab Marine life from the overview, the program crashes every time. What can this be? Thank you!
highpaule

Re: Marine life function

Postby support » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:23 am

Hi,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are experiencing. In our testing we have not seen a problem like this, but I can certainly imagine that we did not manage to test every possible combination of entries in the Marine Life table.

My first suggestion would be to try restarting your iOS device. This link from Apple's support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559 will explain how to restart each type of iOS device. There seems to a bug in Apple's app installation that causes some issues if Dive Log was running in the background at the time the app was installed. The restart of the device usually clear this up.

If the restarting the device does not help, it would be great if you could send me a copy of your logbook so that I can look to see if we can reproduce the problem here. The easiest way to send your logbook is to use the Synchronize tab (or Synchronize icon in the lower corner of the side bar in Dive Log on iPad) and then tap on "Export" and then "Export active logbook". This will allow you to save it in iCloud Drive or any other configured cloud service on your device (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). You can then send me that file from the Files app on your iOS device or for your desktop computer. Please send the file to our support email address: support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com (replace the 'at" with '@' and 'dot' with '.' and remove the spaces. You should also feel free to send additional correspondence to that email address.

Hopefully we should be able to get things sorted out for you quickly.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby highpaule » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 am

sorry! it is the MacOS version!
highpaule

Postby support » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 am

In that case, please send your logbook file from the MacOS version (DiveLogDT or Dive Log Manager). If you are not sure where you saved the logbook file you can get that information by choosing "Backup" from the "File" menu. This will show you a file chooser in the same folder that your logbook is stored in. Make sure that you have exited DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager and then send that logbook file to our support email address.

Thanks,

Greg
support

Postby support » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:38 pm

We think that we have found the cause of your crash. If the following steps resolve the crash then a new update to DiveLogDT that will be available shortly should resolve your issue. In the meantime this should work around the problem:

1) Click on the "Marine Life" item under "LOGBOOK" in the sidebar of DiveLogDT
2) Under the "Common Name" column you will have zero or more entries. However, one of the entries is missing a common name so you can't see it. Click in and of the blank spaces between entries or the first blank space and you should select the "invisible" Marine Life item.
3) Edit that item and give it a Common Name.
4) Repeat this for any other empty items.

No you should be able to click on the Marine Life tab for a dive and no longer crash.

It should not be possible to end up with a Marine Life item with nothing in the Common name field and even if it happen by chance, the Marien Life tab should not crash (but does currently). Assuming the above steps resolve your issue, there is no reason to send us you logbook. However, if you are still seeing a crash please do send your logbook.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby highpaule » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Yes! Thanks! Now it works!!
Thank you very much!

best regards, highpaule
highpaule

Return to Dive Log