Mac Dive

Mac Dive

Postby Scuba Squid » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Is there anyway to import previous dives from Mac-Dive into Dive Log? Would like to know before I spend the money.
Scuba Squid

Re: Mac Dive

Postby support » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:49 am

I'm assuming here that you are talking about MacDive on the desktop. The desktop version of MacDive supports synchronization (via Wi-Fi) directly with Dive Log on iOS. First you want to make sure that your Mac and iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network. Once you have Dive Log on iOS open tap on the "Synchronization" tab on iPhone (under the "..." or "More" tab by default) or the Synchronization icon in the lower corner of the sidebar on iPad. Then tap on "Wi-Fi Synchronization" and finally "Enable Sync". On your desktop in MacDive you should see an item "iOS Sync" in the sidebar. Click on that and you'll see your iOS device's information appear there. The first sync will require a "pairing code" that will be displayed on your iOS device to be entered. Then you'll probably want to check the box that says (something to the effect of) "this is my first time". Then click the Sync button. MacDive will generate a Dive Log compatible logbook and upload it to Dive LOg. Once you see the "Open new Logbook" button activate and turn "green" in color on your iOS device tap that. You should now have your MacDive logbook on your iOS device.

Please let me know if you need any more information. You can contact us directly on our email support address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com). It is also possible to directly import from the MacDive database using one of our Mac desktop applications (Dive Log Manager - free or DiveLogDT - paid) and I can provide more details on that if you need them.

I hope that helps,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log