Import from Suunto

Import from Suunto

Postby t75kjh1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:07 am

Please excuse my confusion, but I am trying to understand if I purchase Dive Log for iPhone if I can import
My dives from suunto dm5 directly into the mobile dove log app using xml files. It looks like I would need to purchase diving log 6.0 for windows to do this as well as the mobile dive log app?
t75kjh1

Re: Import from Suunto

Postby support » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am

That is correct. Since Suunto DM5 is only on the Desktop (both Windows and Mac), you would use either Diving Log 6.0 on the PC or DiveLogDT/DiveLogManager on the Mac to IMPORT your dives directly from Suunto DM5. No XML files are needed, both can Import directly from the Suunto DM5 database.

Then you would sync your logbook to Dive Log on your iOS device. Dive Log for iOS is a separate 2nd application and therefore an additional purchase. If you don't plan on using the Diving Log 6.0 functionality in general, you can use it in "trial" mode for free, but you are limited to 10 dives. You can also sync your logbook to Dive Log for iOS in trial mode if you plan on only logging dives using Dive Log for iOS.

Let us know if you have any further questions,
Janice
support

Return to Dive Log