Request for future update

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
Twan77

Request for future update

Post by Twan77 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:33 am

I am using Macdive on my mac and Dive Log on my iPhone and iPad. What a great combination these two pieces of software are to keep my dives logged!

For a future update i would like to post a suggestion however.

In Divelog, when i select a dive. you see the section where information is displayed about the weather, visibility, water and air temp etcetera.
In that section it also shows info about the divesuit used. I find this information irrelevant. This is because there is also a section that shows the gear i used. In that section i can see my divesuit used.

So in the section which shows the air temp etcetera, i would recommend deleting the divesuit, and use that space to show the current and surface conditions. Now i have to click on the arrow to go to the detailscreen in order to see that information.

Maybe you could consider applying this change in a future update.

support

Re: Request for future update

Post by support » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you for the suggestion. We are always looking at ways to optimize the display of information in Dive Log and make it more relevant for our users. There are always trade offs as not everyone finds the same information important, but it is great to have feedback that helps direct our designs. We'll certainly see what we can do in the future to improve the design to make it easier to see the current and surface conditions on the iPhone (they are already on the main display on iPad).

Cheers,

Greg