No equipment imported

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
jamesmc

No equipment imported

Post by jamesmc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 pm

I am new to this software. I have a Mac with MacDive installed. I have downloaded and installed Dive Log Manager. I did an import of my dives. However Equipment did not import. Can Dive Log Manager import equipment?

Thanks
James

support

Re: No equipment imported

Post by support » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:45 pm

James,

Unfortunately no, we do not (yet) import Equipment from Mac Dive. It is on our list of requested features, however we have simply not reached that point on the list yet.

There is one minor exception to that though. We *do* read the tank size and working pressure of tanks used on a dive imported from MacDive. We get this information from the tank entry in MacDive's equipment and add it to the Dive Details for the dive.

Thanks for posting here with your request. We do appreciate hearing from users on what additional features they are looking for so we can prioritize the list better.

Cheers,
Janice
More Mobiles Software

jamesmc

Post by jamesmc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Does Dive Log DT and Dive Log iOS sync equipment? Also is there a demo version of Dive Log DT?

support

Post by support » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 am

James,

Dive Log DT and Dive Log for iOS use the exact same logbook file (.sql extension). So no importing or converting needed or done - if i's there in one, it's there in the other. (FYI only, same for Diving Log on the PC, http://www.divinglog.de).

Dive Log Manager is a free version of the app in the Mac App Store. It does all the same importing and syncing and is pretty much the exact same app. Dive Log DT add's the ability to Edit your logbook on the Desktop. So if you want to download Dive Log Manager and try out the MacDive importing and syncing to Dive Log on iOS, you can do that and then purchase Dive Log DT as a separate app later if you choose.

We also have Dive Log Manager available on our website - it's the exact same app only with different licensing and upgrade processing. You can download the zip file from a link at the bottom of this page (http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_Log_Manager.html) and try out the importing and syncing features. If you decide you want to be able to edit on the Desktop, you can purchase a license from within the app at a later date.

HTH,
Janice
More Mobile Software

Adi21

Post by Adi21 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:25 pm

support Thanks for share wonderful website!!!