Ipad

Discussion of the iOS App Dive Log
absalon

Ipad

Post by absalon » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello
let me just say that the new update to ipad is really nice. :D
But I just have a question, it is meant that it should be able to see pictures during certification? it look like that ther is space for a picture af the certicifikat

Henrik

support

Re: Ipad

Post by support » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your kind words about Dive Log on iPad. We put a lot of work into making the iPad version work well with the device and still contain all the features and (hopefully) quality of the original iPhone only version of Dive Log (which ran in iPhone emulation mode on the iPad). While I'm sure that there will be issues (all major software updates seem to have some issues), we hope your experience continues to be good.

There is support in Dive Log (while running on both iPhone and iPad) to include an image of the front and back of your certification card (although you could include any two images in these locations including photos from your certification class). On the iPhone and on the upcoming iPad 2 you can take photos of your certification card from directly within Dive Log or you can use an existing photos from your photo library on your device. In the case of the original iPad, you are obviously limited to photos that are in your photo library (you can sync them over from your desktop using iTunes). In order to add these photos just tap "Edit" on the Personal page and then tap the placeholder image for the certification that you want to add an image for (you may need to add the certification first if it is not already in the list), then tap the "Choose Existing Photo" button in the action list that appears. On the iPad 2, this list will (or should) also include the option to take a photo with the camera (we have not had our hands on the iPad 2 yet, so if this does not work we'll do an update to make it work).

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Greg

Piermatteo

Re: Ipad

Post by Piermatteo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:58 am

absalon wrote:Hello
let me just say that the new update to ipad is really nice. :D
But I just have a question, it is meant that it should be able to see pictures during certification? it look like that ther is space for a picture af the certicifikat

Henrik
In order to add these photos just tap "Edit" on the Personal page and then tap the placeholder image for the certification that you want to add an image for (you may need to add the certification first if it is not already in the list), then tap the "Choose Existing Photo" button in the action list that appears. On the iPad 2, this list will (or should) also include the option to take a photo with the camera (we have not had our hands on the iPad 2 yet, so if this does not work we'll do an update to make it work).