Sunnto EON Steel Bluetooth Sync.

Re: Sunnto EON Steel Bluetooth Sync.

Postby jcatt » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:18 pm

I have just sent a feedback request to Suunto, asking for them to open up the API for the Bluetooth on the Eon. I mentioned DiveLog and the webaddress in the feedback request.

It looks like you can manually select a .xlsx or a .fit export from Movescount. Not sure if there is a way to automate it and scrape the content directly from Movescount.

I wish you the best of luck in getting Suunto to open up. If you do it would be an easy sell for me to buy the app.

Yours,
Jonathan
jcatt

Postby support » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi Jonathan,

If you'd be willing to send me a copy of a .fit and/or .xlsx file from MovesCount with a couple of dives that would be very helpful in learning if we could import that data (you can send it to our support email address - support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com). Also, where to they send this file (via email, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, etc.)?

Thanks for poking Suunto ... we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby benfly » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:28 am

Hello, I am new to this forum but use divelog with osx and ios (ipad & iphone) since years.
I just ordered the new EON Core and would love to have a direct BT transfer vom the EON to the iPhone!

Suunto has this feature with its iPhone App "Movescount". But the Suunto Software (Movescount and DM5) ist horrible to use and in many ways a one-way-road. E.g. I did not find a way to get the data from Movescount to DM5! Only the other way was working. Movescount ist not a diving software but more written for running.
Anyway, all my dato ist in divelog. There is no logical sense in switching to the suunto SW due to its restrictions.

Macdive has made it possible to directly sync between the iphone and EON but they don't have a iPad App.
Would it not be possible to exchange the known bt-protocol between Macdive and Divelog and implement it into Divelog on iOS?

That would be the most powerful way to get the sync in vacation without the need of extra hardware or laptop. Also it would be easy to ad the GPS Data of the dive site from the iPhone GPS.
I would definitely pay via In-App-purchase for that feature.

Sincerely,
Ben
benfly

Postby support » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 am

Hi Ben,

As we have talked independently via email you are already aware of some of the steps we are taking towards adding Suunto EON download support to Dive Log.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to let other users know that we are finally making some progress towards adding support for the EON to Dive Log. We have received some information from a user of an EON Steel that provided some information that we required and believe that we already have the other pieces in place. While we do not have direct access to an EON device, we think that we can get far enough along to allow for some users to try the support and after some iteration get a functional download.

Hopefully we will have something available in the relatively near future. Please feel free to contact us directly via email (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) if you have an EON device and would be interested in helping us complete this feature.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby benfly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks again for the Informationen update. I will help if I can as soon as I have the device in my hands. To my opinion its a big step forward for the post-diving experience. Sincerely, Ben
benfly

Postby benfly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:22 am

Perfect Support! Thanks to your superfast implementation of the brand new EON Core Sync via Bluetooth I can now sync my iPhone and Suunto EON without any cable or aditional device - it is fantastic!
Today I was on the diving boat far away on holiday and synced imidiatly after the dive so I had the GPS coordinates as well. In the past the divecomputer sync was the only reason why I had to take my Laptop with USB with me in vacation and sync was a trouble topic from time to time since my Suunto Cable broke twice.

I am very happy to have it all in my hands with iPhone and a Bluetooth DivingComputer. Super high mobility and a trustfull connection.

Ben
benfly

Postby support » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 am

As mentioned in the previous post, our efforts to support the Suunto EON Core and Suunto EON Steel are coming along nicely. We are currently beta testing the new support and hope to have it generally available in the near future. If anyone is interested in helping us with Beta testing this new support please feel free to contact us using our Support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) and we'll fill you in on the details.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby support » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 am

We've just released the support for downloading the Suunto EON Steel and EON Core via Bluetooth in Dive Log version 2.6. You can update to Dive Log 2.6 from the App Store (if you don't already have it via automatic updates) and then visit Dive Log's Downloads tab's Store interface and purchase the "Suunto EON Download" in-app purchase. Then simply bring your EON Steel or EON Core near your iOS device and it should appear in the list of devices available to pair with and download.

Note that the EON Steel and EON Core can only pair with one "mobile" device at a time. So if you have most recently used your EON Steel or Core with a different iOS device, Mac, PC or other Bluetooth enabled device then you'll want to tell the EON Steel or Core to "Forget" it's current mobile pairing. To do this press and hold the middle button on your EON Steel or Core until you see the Menu system appear and then navigate to:

General->Connectivity->Forget mobile

Then, when you select the EON Steel or Core in Dive Log's Downloads tab you will be presented with a request to enter the pairing code that is displayed on your EON device.
support

Previous

Return to Dive Log