Sunnto EON Steel Bluetooth Sync.

Sunnto EON Steel Bluetooth Sync.

Postby sccssf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:42 am

Hello

with the software version 1.4.26 from 1.4.2017 i'm interested for sync with my apple (IPhone/IPad).

I hope you can make that in next time :-)

Steffen
sccssf

Re: Sunnto EON Steel Bluetooth Sync.

Postby support » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 am

Hi,

I'm not sure what software you are talking about. Can you be more specific about the application you are interested in? We develop Dive Log for iOS, Dive Log Manager and Dive Log DT for the Mac. Dive Log Manager and Dive Log DT can both sync with Dive Log on iOS. Dive Log DT and the licensed version of Dive Log Manager from our website can both download the Suunto EON Steel via USB (as far as I know the EON Steel does not support Bluetooth) and the resulting logbook can be synced with Dive Log on the iPhone/iPad via Wi-Fi.

Unfortunately, due to technical incompatibilities between the EON Steel and the iPhone and iPad it is not possible to directly download the EON Steel in Dive Log on the iPhone/iPad so you do need to use a desktop application. If you are using a Mac then the previously mentioned Dive Log Manager (the licensed version for our website) and Dive Log DT can both be used. If you are running on a PC you can use Diving Log 6.0 from www.divinglog.de (which can also sync with Dive Log on iPhone/iPad).

I hope that helps. Please feel free to send along any more details of what you are trying to accomplish and I can see if I can head any more light on the subject.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby sccssf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 am

@Greg

Sorry my english.

http://www.suunto.com/en-GB/Support/Pro ... arch-2017/

Suunto EON Steel have now the Bluethoot Interface.

as DCbuddy / Shearwater Petrel 2 / Weikamp

I hope you understand me.

Steffen
sccssf

Postby support » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the link to the information about the EON Steel update. That was new information for us.

Dive Log does not currently support the EON Steel via Bluetooth and at this point in time. I don't know enough about the EON Steel's Bluetooth protocol to be able to say if it will be possible to add support for it to Dive Log or not. Typically, we need information from the manufacturer to add support via Bluetooth because it is very difficult to reverse engineer the protocol due to the security features of Bluetooth. We would very much like to be able to directly support the EON Steel so I will look into the possibility of learning enough about it to add support. I would not expect any results too soon though as we would need to get the required information and then gain access to an EON Steel before we could add the required support.

Thank you again for making us aware of this update to the EON Steel. I'll post back to this thread if/when we get some more information.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby nordisch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:53 am

Hi Guy`s,

I use a MAC and DIVE LOG DT and an Iphone to bring my Data from the EON Steel to my Book.

It would be awesome if it is prospectively possible to synchronize the Dive-Datas
by Bluetoth 8-)
SUUNTO Eon Steel - V1.4
nordisch

Postby support » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:50 am

We have reached out to Suunto to request the information that we would require to download the EON Steel via Bluetooth. Our experience in the past with some of the dive computer manufacturers is that they are much more likely to provide us with the information that we need if they also get requests directly from end users to allow support by 3rd party logbook developers. So you can impact the possibility of us getting the information we require to add this support by contacting Suunto and telling them of your interest to use the EON Steel with Dive Log and Dive Log DT via Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, unlike serial or USB connections, it is very difficult to reverse engineer Bluetooth protocols so we typically need information from the manufacturers to add the required support. Some manufacturers understand the value of 3rd party support and are very forthcoming (Shearwater and heinrichs weikamp are couple of examples that have been particularly helpful). Suunto has typically been less forth coming, but we can always hope!

Cheers,

Greg
Last edited by support on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
support

Postby nordisch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:16 am

@support ... Thank's for your efforts 8-)
SUUNTO Eon Steel - V1.4
nordisch

Postby Simone » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:50 pm

that would be just great!
+1
Simone

Postby f16jetjock » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:34 am

Greg,

Have you considered the approach of an interface with the MovesCount app from Suunto that can pull the dive data into your app??

The MovesCount app already downloads the dive data from the EON Steel via Bluetooth.

Ideas??

Kent
f16jetjock

Postby support » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Kent,

Do you know if the MovesCount app provides anyway to export it's downloaded data?

It is not common for vendor apps like this to allow for their data to be accessed outside their own ecosystem so I have not looked into it in detail (I did take a brief look a while ago). Obviously, we would prefer a direct download (and I think most users would too), but if there is a way to interface with MovesCount we would certainly take a looks at it.

Please let me know if you are aware of any export capabilities in MovesCount and I will also take a fresh look.

Thanks for the idea and for any information you might be able to provide (I don't currently have access to an Eon Steel so you might be able to see something that I can't).

Cheers,

Greg
support

Next

Return to Dive Log