Perdix AI support

Perdix AI support

Postby Joneill1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Will Diving Log 6.0 be updated to be able to use the AI data from the New Perdix AI? Starting/Ending Pressures, pressure throughout the dive and SAC? I uploaded the test dive on my new Perdix AI and don't see any info, but I do see this red area on the dive graph that I never saw with my Petral 2 or Perdix (non AI) dives - though not sure what it is?

Joneill1

Re: Perdix AI support

Postby Texas Torpedo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:44 pm

I too have a Perdix AI and use Diving Log software and would very much like to have the tank pressure (etc) imported along with the rest..
I suspect as time goes on you will have a lot of people interested in this as popular as this is..
Texas Torpedo

Postby Texas Torpedo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Joneill1 wrote:Will Diving Log 6.0 be updated to be able to use the AI data from the New Perdix AI? Starting/Ending Pressures, pressure throughout the dive and SAC? I uploaded the test dive on my new Perdix AI and don't see any info, but I do see this red area on the dive graph that I never saw with my Petral 2 or Perdix (non AI) dives - though not sure what it is?

Those look like deco stops but that is a little surprising since you've probably run a sim like this previously on your other Shearwater computers.
Texas Torpedo

Postby Joneill1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks - I never imported a factory test dive before and have never done a deco dive (not tech trained and adhere to Rec NDL limits) - makes sense that they are deco stops. I can make an educated guess that on the ascent they are showing depth and time at each stop (the saw tooth pattern)- Is that right? What do they mean on the left side (descent)?
Joneill1

Postby support » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:49 am

Hi,

Yes, the formal Perdix AI support will be added to Dive Log on iOS very soon (in fact it is in Beta now and is almost ready for full release ... you can contact our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) if you'd like to participate in the beta).

The red area that you are seeing on the profile is the "deco ceiling" rather than deco stops. This indicates the shallowest that you could go at that point in the dive (based in the dive computer's models, we are not calculating this just reporting the data from the dive computer). These do not necessarily correlate with any deco stops that your computer might suggest for you. You are seeing this on the test dive that Shearwater put on the computer as they simulated a very deep dive. You will only see this in your own dives if you do decompression dives.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Joneill1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 pm

support wrote:Hi,

Yes, the formal Perdix AI support will be added to Dive Log on iOS very soon (in fact it is in Beta now and is almost ready for full release ... you can contact our support email address (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) if you'd like to participate in the beta).

The red area that you are seeing on the profile is the "deco ceiling" rather than deco stops. This indicates the shallowest that you could go at that point in the dive (based in the dive computer's models, we are not calculating this just reporting the data from the dive computer). These do not necessarily correlate with any deco stops that your computer might suggest for you. You are seeing this on the test dive that Shearwater put on the computer as they simulated a very deep dive. You will only see this in your own dives if you do decompression dives.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks for the quick reply - that is great news on coming support for the Perdix AI! Diving Log is already a fantastic product and this will make it even better! Thanks, as well, for the explanation on the deco ceiling info that shows on the graph!

I'd love to participate in the Beta, but won't be diving with Perdix AI until early March, so would not be of much help in the short term. Thanks!
Joneill1

Postby support » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am

I'm glad that I could help.

You should see the formal release of the Perdix AI support long before your next dives so you should be ready to go come March.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Joneill1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:16 pm

support wrote:I'm glad that I could help.

You should see the formal release of the Perdix AI support long before your next dives so you should be ready to go come March.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks - great support for your product - that is very much appreciated these days! Happy New Year!

Jim
Joneill1

Postby Joneill1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:52 am

support wrote:I'm glad that I could help.

Cheers,

Greg

Does the Jan 6th update I see in the version history on Diving Log (2.2.8) add the AI support for the Perdix AI? Are there any details on what functionality it actually adds - i.e., does it auto populate your start and end pressure and add a PSI versus dive time to the dive graph? How about SAC data? Thanks!
Joneill1

Postby support » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi all,

I answered this question directly via email a while back and just noticed that the question was also posted here in the forums. So for the edification of anyone else following this thread, here goes:

Yes, the Perdix AI is fully supported by the current version of Dive Log (2.2.8). It does download the pressure sample data from both possible transmitters and enters the start and end pressure of the “main” tank (the first transmitter) and captures the pressure samples from both transmitters and saves them in the database. Right now Dive Log does not plot the pressure samples on the profile graph (we will add that eventually) however if you sync the data to any of the compatible desktop apps you will see the pressure samples plotted on the graph (note the ability to plot pressure samples is independent of the AI and applies to any dives that have pressure samples store in the database).

Air Consumption Rate is also calculated by Dive Log as long as the required information is entered for the dive. In addition to the start and end pressures, the average depth of the dive (which we calculate from the profile data data or you can manually enter) and the dive time you need to enter the size (and in the case of US and Canadian sized tanks the working pressure) of the tank(s) used.

We have one additional setting available in Dive Log that allows you to ignore “surface samples”. This can be handy for dive computers like the Perdix AI that allow you to keep recording samples long after you surface (in case you are planning to go back down again and continue the dive) so that your air consumption calculation does not include those surface samples (this helps you get the same values calculated that you might see in other programs).

Hopefully that catches everyone up.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Next

Return to Dive Log