Feature request: WebDAV sync

Feature request: WebDAV sync

Postby plinss » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:34 am

The iCloud sync feature is nice, but some of us don't like to store all of our personal information on Apple's servers. Please consider allowing a cloud sync to user-settable WebDAV service URL. Some people run our own cloud servers (ownCloud/nextCloud) or use services like DropBox in order to keep control of our data.

An example of software that syncs via WebDAV is the Enpass password manager.

In my case I have an iPhone, iPad, laptop, and desktop, and it would be nice to have my log auto-sync between all of them whenever internet connectivity is available but I'm not willing to use iCloud.
plinss

Re: Feature request: WebDAV sync

Postby support » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 am

Hi,

We are working on support for a more generalized approach to cloud syncing in Dive Log. The current (in house, not released yet) implementation takes advantage of Apple's "Document Picker" architecture so it will work with services that conform to that service (iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, and other that take advantage of the service as they become available). Hopefully this generalized approach will cover the services that you are interested in. The big advantage to using this approach is that as these services become available or improve their implementation, Dive Log will be able to take advantage of the improvements without having to wait for a new version of Dive Log to be released.

We don't have a firm date for when this new support will be available, but we are working on it right now making sure that it is robust (we take the safety of your data very seriously).

Cheers,

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log