Support for Aqualung i300 Console via DC Buddy

Support for Aqualung i300 Console via DC Buddy

Postby Samlaw97 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:50 pm

I use an Aqualung i300 Console dive computer and recently purchased the Dive Nav DC buddy....Is there any change you will support this computer in the future....as an alternative, is there an Oceanic computer you already support that can be used as a substitute? Thanks in advance for your response.
Samlaw97

Re: Support for Aqualung i300 Console via DC Buddy

Postby support » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

Hi,

The most recent version of Dive Log added code that I believe will allow you to download the Aqualung i300 Console via the DCbuddy. Since we do not have a unit to test with we didn't formally expose this support however, you can try it out by selecting the Manufacturer as "Oceanic" and the Model as "VEO 2.0" on the Downloads page. If the "VEO 2.0" model does not work you can also try the "VT3" model setting as an alternative. Dive Log will use that information to configure the DCbuddy and will (or should at least) then auto detect the computer type and parse the data return appropriately for the i300. Just make sure you have updated to the most recent version of Dive Log (version 2.2.6) before you attempt any download of the i300.

If you are in a position to try this it would be great if you could also our on the Diagnostics Report feature of Dive Log and then send me the results of your attempt to download the i300 (whether it succeeds or fails). This will allow me to verify the data to ensure that all the parameters were parsed correctly and/or to fix any inconsistencies. You can take these steps to generate the report:

1) Tap "Troubleshooting" on the Downloads tab
2) Turn on the switch next to "Diagnostics Report"
3) Download your i300 (it would be great if you could pick "All Dives" so that I can get a broad sample of data)
4) If the download succeeds you can tap "Later" if you'd prefer not to import the dives at this time, or import them into your Logbook. If it does not succeed tap "Email Diagnostics"
5) If the download did work, return to the Troubleshooting and tap "Email Download Diagnostics" to send me the report.

I look forward to hearing how you made out. Please let us know if you have any issues or questions as you attempt to do the download. Once we know the support works we'll formally add this computer to the support list of computers in the app.

Thanks!

Greg
support

Return to Dive Log