DiveSoft Freedom

DiveSoft Freedom

Postby Scuba360 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi. Is it possible to download or import dives into Dive Log Manager from a Divesoft Freedom computer?
Scuba360

Re: DiveSoft Freedom

Postby support » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:42 am

Hi,

No, at this point in time it is not possible to download the DiveSoft Freedom computers using Dive Log Manager. If there are other applications that can download the DiveSoft Freedom it may be possible to "import" data from that application into Dive Log Manager once it has downloaded the Freedom computer. However, I am not current aware of any applications that support downloading the Freedom so I can't comment on the ability to use Dive Log Manager's import feature. If you have access to a Mac application that can download the Freedom please let me know and I can let you know if Dive Log Manager might be able to import data from that computer.

We are constantly working to add support for new dive computers so it may be possible to download the Freedom in the future, but we don't have any specific plans in this regard at this time. Sorry that I can't offer a more positive report.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Postby Scuba360 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Thank you for your reply Greg. When the Divesoft Freedom is connected to a PC/Mac via a USB cable it appears as an external drive. The dive files appear as .DLF files that can be copied. Mac Dive is able to import directly from the Divesoft Freedom. I use a range of Suunto computers that work with Dive Log so far but I want to also import from the Divesoft - I am trying to decide if I wait for an update to Dive Log to support DIvesoft (if that is planned) or if I need to consider changing to another app.

Cheers.
Scuba360

Postby support » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:57 am

Would you be able to send us one of the .DLF files from your computer? If you could we might be able to add support for it. You can send the file directly to our support email address with is support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com (remove the spaces and replace the 'at' with @ and the 'dot' with .).

Thanks!

Greg
support

Postby Scuba360 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:17 am

Thanks Greg - I have sent you a couple of sample .dlf files as requested. It would be great if you were able to arrange support for the Divesoft Freedom. Thanks for your help!
Scuba360

Postby Scuba360 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:55 pm

Thank you Greg and Janice for your product support! I am impressed with the beta version that you have supplied and I am now able to import files from my Divesoft computer. Great works, much appreciated!
Scuba360

Return to Dive Log