Marine Life Common Category

Marine Life Common Category

Postby norniron » Tue May 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Absolutely love the Marine Life feature! Makes it super simple to mark off what I identify on a dive. Wondering what the "Common Category" field is for? Is it for grouping variations of creatures? For example, turtles?
norniron

Re: Marine Life Common Category

Postby support » Wed May 29, 2019 8:23 am

Yes, that is exactly the idea. You are free to create any categories you like for example: Turtles, Sharks, Nudibranch, You could also make them more specific, for example you might break Nudibranch down into Aeolid and Dorid. The search function (scroll to the top of a Marine Life list) will search both the common name and the category. So you could easily find all Turtles by searching for Turtle if you had assigned all your turtles to that category. BTW, a feature update will also add the scientific name to the search.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the Marine Life feature. Thank you for the comments on its usefulness to you.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: Marine Life Common Category

Postby norniron » Wed May 29, 2019 10:56 am

support wrote:

> I'm glad that you are enjoying the Marine Life feature. Thank you for the
> comments on its usefulness to you.

Thanks for confirming. Yes indeed, this feature is really awesome. Really love the ability to add photos and comments, and pull down data. I was storing this info in my dive comments before, but now I can see stats on the number of sightings, and quickly mark off what I saw. Really great addition. Thanks for developing. With fish identification cameras built into future dive masks, AI, and the underwater cloud, it will all become even easier :)
norniron

Return to Dive Log