Merge dives... not anymore?

Merge dives... not anymore?

Postby Jota » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 am

Hi! I am trying to merge dives, its something I've had to use in several times (for example in cenotes, when you go to a bat cave or a bubble in the middle of the dive, and then you continue your diving to the exit...). I can't find the way to do this... is it no longer possible?

Thanks!
Jota

Re: Merge dives... not anymore?

Postby support » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:05 am

Hi,

I assume by merge dives you mean that you want to append two dives together that should be considered one dive but was captured by your dive computer as two dives (if you mean merging dives from your dive computer with data that you manually entered before the dive, let me know and I'll address that).

This has never been a feature of Die Log on iOS (although we do plan to add it). However it is a feature of both DiveLogDT (and the licensed version of Dive Log Manager) on the Mac as well as Diving Log 6.0 on the PC. Possibly you have achieved your merging of dives on one of those application and synced the result to your iOS device?

To append two dives in DiveLogDT (or Dive Log Manager) you just pick the first of the two dives in the dive list and "right click" (two finger click on a track pad or command-click) to bring up the contextual menu. Then you select "Append Following Dive" from the contextual menu that shows up. This will use the second dive to continue the first dive's profile, dive time, etc.. You can then manually renumber the dives or use the same menu to select "Renumber Forward" to adjust the dive number by date/time from the selected dive forward.

In Diving Log 6.0 on the PC you use a similar approach. In this case select the two dives tat you want to merge (you can shift click, or command click to extend the selection) and then right click and pick "Merge Dives" from the contextual menu.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you are not able to use either of the desktop options to achieve your goal and we'll get you sorted out another way.

Cheers,

Greg
support

Re: Merge dives... not anymore?

Postby Jota » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:10 am

That was EXACTLY what I meant... merging dives in Dive LogDT on Mac. I used the "Append Following Dive", and then renumbered, as described...

Perfect answer, thank you very much!!

Cheers,

Jota
Jota

Return to Dive Log